Pre-Lending Reviews are generally carried out at the request of a financier, with the aim of assessing the risks associated with providing or refinancing debt to a client.
Although the reviews are often carried out on behalf of financiers, there are also good reasons for companies to undertake such reviews of their own accord. The review can act as a “health check” for the company, highlighting areas of concern or caution. This is often particularly useful when a company is perhaps considering whether to source additional funds but doesn’t know whether they would be able to do so.
A pre-lending review can help determine whether additional funding would be likely, or even appropriate. If the review reports on areas of concern, then management has the opportunity to correct or address those areas before they approach the financier.
Our commitment to you
In undertaking any assignment, whether it be a small family business or a well-established national company, our approach is to tailor a program that specifically addresses the concerns and risks of that business, providing a more cost-effective outcome for the client. Whether the client is the financier or the borrower, we maintain an impartial approach towards evaluating the business and undertake strict levels of confidentiality.
Types of Assignments undertaken
Each assignment is scoped to the individual client, ensuring that the information provided is therefore relevant and timely. Our reviews can include a number of areas, including:
- Analysis of past trading performance
- Review of trading budgets and cash flow projections
- Review of internal controls and management systems
- Review of reporting systems and management information systems
Some of the assignments undertaken over the last few years include:
- Manufacturing Industry – manufacturer of water storage systems, with wholesale and retail sales. Pre-lending review focussed on growth issues and changes in market structure.
- Construction Industry – pre-lending review focussed on growth issues and development of strong internal controls and management systems.
Strategic advice via an advisory board on an ongoing basis.
Contact Guy Baxendale for a confidential and obligation-free chat about your business needs.
Mobile: 0404 544 919
Phone: 02 8315 2146
Fascimile: 02 9362 1113